This recipe is a great Mexican casserole! My husband loves Mexican so I made it as a treat for him and he has engraved it. I’m not a big Mexican fan of Recipes, but I loved it. This is a simple and very delicious recette. I often replace low-fat milk and ground turkey and it is always delicious! If you like, serve chips, salsa, and green salad. I am looking for food options that can be assembled in advance to facilitate dinner time. This Mexican saucepan can be built up until one day before serving.
1 lb of extra lean ground beef (drained or rinsed!)
½ cup onion (chopped)
¼ cup canned jalapeno slices, chopped
2 cups of fresh tomatoes, chopped or 1 (15 ounces) can of diced canned tomatoes
1 (15 ounces) can kernel corn (drained)
1 (15 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (1¼ oz) package of taco seasoning mix
8 corn tortillas
¾ cup nonfat sour cream
⅓ cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
⅓ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste
1. Brown brown beef in large skillet and onions chopped; brown 10-12 minutes, stirring constantly until thoroughly cooked. Well drain and rinse to remove all of the fat with warm water; return beef/onions.
2. Add the seasoning mixture of corn, black beans, tomatoes, chiles/jalapenos. Reduce the heat, cook for 5 minutes until simmer.
3. In the meantime, spray 12×8 inch (2 quarters) of a baking dish with a nonstick spray. Cut tortilla in half; place 8 halves on the bottom and slightly overlap.
4. Spoon over tortillas half of the beef mixture uniformly. Over beef mixture spoon sour cream spread evenly. Top the remaining 8 halves of tortilla and the remaining beef mixture.
5. Heat oven at 350 degrees F (Thaw overnight if frozen). Cook for 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with cheese. Cover and allow 5 minutes of standing or melting of the cheese. Sprinkle in cilantro chopped, serving the tomatoes and salsa, black olives, and so forth with fresh chopped lettuce.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.