This Spaghetti casserole recipe is one of my favorites by far, from the hash brown saucepan to green bean casserole and the JELL-O dumping salads in between. Combined with the rich and creamy filling, the hearty meat sauce is like the spaghetti version of Baked Ziti. You ‘re going to love this easy weekday dinner! I love making a big 13×9 dish. As my children go out of their nest, I love separating them in two square pans and freezing them later.
1 lb of ground beef
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
8 oz of cream cheese
¼ cup sour cream
½ lb cottage cheese (equals 1 cup)
½ cup butter (1 stick)
1 pkg spaghetti 16 oz
Grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven at about 350 ° C. Boil the spaghetti noodles until (firm) al dente. Set aside and drain until ready to assemble.
2. Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and cheese from the cottage until well blended.
3. Brown your hamburger, and drain well once done. Combine the spaghetti sauce with the hamburger.
4. Place a few slices of butter in a 9×13 pan and pour over half of your spaghetti noodles.
5. Take the mixture of your cream cheese, and pour over the noodles. Broadly spread over noodles.
6. Pour the remaining noodles over the cream cheese mixture. Place a few more slices of butter over the noodles.
7. Pour the pasta and the meat sauce over the noodles.
8. Now, it’s ready to put 30 minutes into the oven. Pour out the desired amount of grated after 30 minutes
9. Cheese on top and 15 minutes in the oven to allow the cheese to melt
1. Load your sauce up with green peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, spinach, and/or eggplant, if you prefer meatless! Simmer your chosen vegetables with a marinara sauce to cook them and soften the texture.
2. Baked spaghetti is prepared up to 24 hours in advance if needed. Keep covered in the refrigerator and, if chilled, add an extra 15 minutes for baking time.
3. Freeze the casserole with foil cover and freeze for up to 30 days. Thaw in the fridge 24 hours before baking. I don’t recommend frozen baking, as it’ll dry out.
4. Swap the ricotta cottage cheese to a more classic flavor!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.