Mongolian beef is combined with a savory, sweet and savory Mongolish beef sauce, seared peppers, onions, and green scallions. For a meal to enjoy for your whole family, serve it over steamed rice. Who needs to take it if you can do it in 30 minutes or less. It’d be hard to decide if you asked me what I like about this Mongolian beef recipe. It’s Chinese food first of all — who doesn’t like Chinese I mean?
Second of all, the meat is very tender and the sauce goes with the Mongolian beef recipe. It is candy with brown sugar, ginger, and garlic, and then complemented with soy sauce. It is like a warm hug on the chill evening – this Mongolian Beef sauce is good.
For Mongolian Beef Ingredients
2 lb of beef stew tips, cut against the grain into thin strips (flank steak or New York strip steak (extra fat trimmed)
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup neutral oil
4 stalks of green onion (green part only), cut into 2-inch pieces
3 bell peppers, cut into strips
1 (cut into 1/4 rings) large onion
For Mongolian Beef Sauce Ingredients
2 tsp ginger powder, double the amount if using freshly grated ginger
4-5 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp Sriracha sauce, if desired, add more or less sauce
For Mongolian Beef:
1. Put the 1/2-cup cornstarch and 2 lb beef strips in a ziplock bag, close and shake until the beef is evenly coated by cornstarch.
2. Preheat a large pot over high heat, and then add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pot. Then add 3 bell peppers and cook them quickly, stirring them frequently, about 3-4 minutes. Remove them into a separate bowl once the bell peppers have browned slightly. Don’t overcook them, they still should have a little bit of a bite.
3. Finally, tilt the saucepan to the side and remove the bell peppers in a separate bowl.
4. Add the onions to the pot and sear, only for about 3-4 minutes. If necessary, add more oil. Tilt the pan and removed and transfer the onion onto the bowl where you put the bell peppers and leave the oil behind.
5. Next, add the rest of the oil, add the beef strips and remove the excess corn stardom, then cook for about 1 minute per side in a single layer of batches. Transfer to separate bowl the cooked beef. The beef must not be cooked in its juice but must be seared. Continue to add the oil after each batch is cooked.
For Mongolian Sauce:
1. Remove the remaining oil from the pot so that the remaining the stuck on the beef.
2. Next, you add 1/2 c of soy sauce, 1/2 c of water, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 2 tsp of ginger powder, and 4 cloves of minced garlic and let them come to boil and scraping off the bits from the bottom of the pot.
3. Stir in the sauce for 1-2 minutes. Then if you want, add a sriracha sauce.
For Combining Mongolian beef and sauce:
1. In the sauce, put the beef back and mix to sauce it. Allow a boil that should spread the sauce. Then add the bell peppers, the cooked onion, and the green onion stalks and stir to warm.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.