This Mongolian chicken is a smooth and savory-sweet sauce of crisp chicken breast stir-fried. A favorite restaurant that tastes even better at home! The crispy chicken is covered in Mongolian sauce, sesame oil, and brown sugar combinations. This dish is also flavored by the garlic, ginger, and green ointments added during cooking. You can use chicken thigh in this platter if you are not a breast fan. I have done it before, but it is fabulous. Or try some completely different things and use shrimp instead of chicken. Whatever the way you ‘re serving it, you should enjoy making this recipe. Mongolian chicken is a hit
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 1/4 lbs of chicken breast (boneless skinless)
1/4 c + 2 tsp cornstarch, divided use
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup green onions cut into 1-inch pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a resealable plastic bag, shake the chicken and 1/4 cup cornstarch evenly.
2. In the large saucepan heat, the vegetable oil over high heat Add the chicken to the saucepan in one layer and add salt and pepper to taste (note that the sauce contains plenty of salt!).
3. Cook on either side for 3 to 4 minutes or browned. If necessary, cook on several batches.
4. Transfer the chicken into a plate lined with paper towels. Place the garlic and ginger in the casserole and cook for 30 seconds. In the sauce, add sauce and stir in soy sauce, sesame oil, water, and brown sugar.
5. Mix the 2 cornstarch tsp and 1 tbsp of cold water. Into the sauce, add the cornstarch and boil; cook until thickened for 30-60 seconds only.
6. Fill the bottle with the chicken, the green onions, and the sauce. Serve over rice if you like.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.