Prep time: 15 mins | Additional: 2 hrs | Total: 2 hrs 15 mins | Servings: 12 | Yield: 1 9×13 inch pan
It might sound like a special dessert occasion, but it’s that simple to make, and you need just a few ingredients. The kids can easily help prepare it because it’s so easy to make. The only thing to note is that it must be refrigerated overnight, so make sure to prepare ahead of time. It is sure to be a major success and will taste fantastic for a couple of days. It is one of those recipes that was-around-forgotten. However, somehow I have not learned about it until only a few years ago. My mother-in-law introduced me to it, and after just one bite, I knew exactly why it was there forever. Also, it tastes just so good.
I love baking, and I’m certainly not shying away from complex dessert recipes. But I want something tasty sometimes that just happens to be simple, too. This creamy dessert would certainly fit the bill for the simple category. This is a dessert that is so simple and easy to make no-bake pudding — everybody loves it. When I need a fast dessert, I still have the ingredients on hand. It is best if she sits before serving overnight.
(2) individual packages graham crackers
(2) (3 oz) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups of milk
(1) (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (16 oz) package prepared chocolate frosting
1. Line in the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan with graham crackers.
2. Combine pudding mix and milk in a large bowl; stir well. Mix the whipped topping into the pudding mixture. Spread half of the mixture over the graham cracker layer. Put yet another layer of graham crackers on top and the leftover pudding.
3. Top with a final layer of graham crackers and frost it with chocolate frosting. Before serving, put it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours to allow the graham crackers to soften.
Per Serving: 400.5 calories; 4.9 mg cholesterol; 481.3 mg sodium; 4.2 g protein; 65.6 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.