The fresh, rich, butter bites of chocolate are one of the best five minutes of the recipes I have ever prepared. It took more time to melt butter than to add the rest of the recipe together. I packed the rest of them up, and the next day I sent Sean to the office. (No joke, if I had been alone, I could have eaten half a cup!) Do I have to mention my children loved this too? It is hassle-free, quick, and easy no-bake crispy chocolate peanut butter.
½ cup salted butter softened
2 cups creamy peanut butter
3 cups powdered sugar
3 cups crispy rice cereal
2 cups chocolate chunks, for coating (I prefer dark chocolate)
1. Add the butter and peanut butter to a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for around 1 minute.
2. Stir melted butter and peanut butter together, using a fork, until smooth.
3. Fill the bowl with the powdered sugar and rice cereal. Mix gently until completely integrated.
4. Roll the mixture into some 40 1-inch balls using your hands. Place them on a baking sheet filled with wax paper and freeze for 15 minutes.
5. The night before you decide to make your key lime bars, put cashews in a water bowl, and let them soak all day.
6. To a food processor or blender, add walnuts, coconut, dates, vanilla extract, water and salt, and pulse until sticky mounds start to form.
7. Put the chocolate chunks into a small, microwave-safe cup. Microwave 60-75 seconds, stopping every 30 seconds to test and stir.
8. Place the frozen balls one at a time in the molten chocolate, then use a fork to roll around to ensure even coating. Place back on a baking sheet covered with wax paper.
9. Add extra rice cereal to garnish while the chocolate is still soft. Chill the chocolate until it has set.
10. Serve and enjoy it!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.