Yield: 20 SERVINGS | Prep Time: 30 MINUTES | Cook Time: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES | Additional Time: 10 HOURS | Total Time: 11 HOURS 45 MINUTES
For all the Nutella lovers, this decadent, creamy Nutella Cheesecake recipe promises you a gourmet bakery result. Not overly sweet, silky, and smooth, it’ll make you beg for more!
2 1/2 cups (250 grams) fudge filled cookie crumbs, about 30 sandwich cookies
6 tablespoons (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
24 ounces (681 grams) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup (180 millilitres) heavy cream
3/4 cup (150 grams) sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups (560 grams) Nutella
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup (280 grams) Nutella
1/2 cup (120 millilitres) heavy cream
HOW TO MAKE NUTELLA CHEESECAKE
TO MAKE THE CRUST:
Step 1: Prepare the oven. First, place the oven rack to the lower third area of the oven before preheating to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: Using an aluminium foil, tightly wrap the outer bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
Step 3: In a mixing bowl, combine the cookie crumbs with the melted butter.
Step 4: In the bottom of the prepared pan, press the crumb mixture about 2-inches up the sides.
Step 5: Place inside the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
Step 6: Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
TO MAKE THE FILLING:
Step 1: Adjust the temperature of the oven to 300 degrees F.
Step 2: Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat using an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
Step 3: Then, add in the Nutella and continue to beat until fully combined. As needed, scrape down the sides of the bowl. Gently stir in the eggs with a silicone spatula until just incorporated.
Step 4: Empty the batter on top of the crust. Put the cheesecake in a roasting pan filled with enough hot water almost halfway the sides of the cheesecake pan.
Step 5: Bake in the preheated oven for an hour or until the edges are set and the centre is a bit jiggly. Turn off but don’t remove the cheesecake in the water bath. Let it stay in the oven for an hour more.
Step 6: When ready, take the cheesecake out of the water bath. Loosen it from the pan by running a small knife around the edges.
Step 7: Let it cool fully at room temperature. Then, place in the fridge overnight.
TO MAKE THE GLAZE:
Step 1: Transfer the cheesecake on a wire rack over a baking sheet.
Step 2: Allow the cream to boil over medium-low heat. Then, pour this on the Nutella bowl and mix until incorporated.
Step 3: Drench the cake in glaze and smooth it with an offset spatula. Let the glaze run over the edges and sides of the cheesecake.
Step 4: Place in the fridge for at least an hour or until the glaze is set.
1. The texture of the cheesecake is softer and creamier compare to a normal cheesecake. Similar to a thick and silky mousse, thus, the cheesecake is easier to slice when frozen or very cold. Although, for optimal texture, I say let the slices sit at room temperature for at least 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
2. Don’t substitute the heavy cream with milk. It’s necessary for this recipe.
3. Remember that this cheesecake has a texture of a mousse so using a regular cake pan is not recommended. Plus, regular cake pans will not be able to hold all the batter as it is not tall enough.
You can make this in 24 muffin cups as well. Just line the muffin cups with paper. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. And when done, turn the oven off but leave the cheesecake in the oven for an hour more.
MAKE AHEAD TIP:
1. Tightly cover the baked and chilled cheesecake and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
2. Or store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Just cover tightly. When ready to serve, slice while frozen and sit at room temperature for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 380
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.