Prep: 15 min | Cook: 10mins | Total: 25 mins | Serving: 48 | Yield: 4 dozen
Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies are an old fashioned recipe for oatmeal cookies that never last in my house for long. You may choose to eat this with your favorite drinks, I normally eat that with milk, in my case. It is a delicious butterscotch cookie that everyone adores. Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies that remain soft and chewy for days are a favorite instant for all those who taste them. It is a perfect fit for smooth, chewy oatmeal cookies and butterscotch.
¾ cup Butter, with salt
¾ cup Sugars, granulated
¾ cup Sugars, brown
(2) Egg, whole, raw, fresh
1 tsp Vanilla extract
(1 ¼) cups Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached
1 tsp Leavening agents, baking soda
½ tsp Spices, cinnamon, ground
½ tsp Salt, table
3 cups oats, rolled, regular, dry
(1 ⅔) cups Toll House Butterscotch Morsels NF
1. Preheat the oven about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter or margarine, white sugar, and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating well.
3. Add and stir flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add and stir flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the oats and the butterscotch chips. Onto an ungreased cookie sheet, drop mixture by teaspoonfuls.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the edges begin to brown in the preheated oven.
1. The finished cookies perfectly freeze. Let the cookies cool off completely before sticking them in the freezer in an airtight jar or freezer bag.
2. You can also dough the oatmeal cookie in advance and freeze it for later. I give an extra minute or so of baking time when I bake those cookies straight from the freezer.
3. Be careful not to overbake. An overdone cookie is tough and hard, and these should be chewy oatmeal cookies. When you take them out, the cookies may still look underdone, but note they will continue to cook on the baking sheet for a few minutes.
Per Serving: 118.6 calories; 15.4 mg cholesterol; 81.4 mg sodium; 1.3 g protein; 16.2 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.