This pie has also a custard-like base, surrounded by whipped cream and toasted cocoa. Indeed, if you tasted this, you would no longer like the dessert from a restaurant. The results of the recipe are this delicate, especially if you a coconut lover, your preferred taste is thrown away by this recipe and your all-time cravings are satisfied.
Your coconut cream pie cravings don’t have to be sacrificed if you’re on a diet. This recipe is light and can be easily altered to weight losses. In replacement to sugar, you can use stevia or any other non-grinding sweetener that you are permitted to a diet that is easily used. Instead of regular whipped cream, you can use fat-free whipped cream. You can also eat this coconut cream pie by restricting the size of your portion and checking your calories.
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
3 c of half and half
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose cream
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 baked pie crust (9-inch)
1 cup whipped cream (frozen)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees Celsius.
2. Toast coconut, it is recommended to toast your cocoa before working on the cream filling. Toasted coconut makes the cream filling more enjoyable and adds a deep flavour and crunch. Take a tray for baking and cover with a baking sheet. Spread the coconut uniformly and leave it in the oven for 5 min to bake. Flip often until golden brown.
3. Prepare the filling of your coconut cream. This is done on a stove and needs a medium-sized pan. In the bowl, mix half of the beaten eggs, sugar, flour, and salt and mix well. Cook the mixture on low heat and boil it while mixing frequently, continue stirring for about 2 minutes then remove from the pan in the heat. Stir 3/4 cup of toasted coconut and vanilla extract. The rest of the cocoa toast is used in topping.
4. Put the filling in the crust and leave it in the fridge until it is firm for about 4 hours.
5. Once the pie is fully chilled, it is ready to top. Spread on the top surface a layer of frozen whipped cream and add toast coconut. The coconut cream pie is ready to satisfy the palates of your taste. Leave in the refrigerator until it is time to show your guests this delicacy.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.