Prep: 20mins | Cook: 15mins | Additional: 13hrs 20mins | Total: 13hrs 55mins | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
We just need a nice Old-Fashioned Pasta Salad in our back pocket to prepare for barbeques and potlucks. It’s a great and classic take for a salad, which makes everyone crave for it. This Old-Fashioned Pasta Salad is something that no one can mess with at home, my mom is very strict about the ingredients used, and the procedure being followed. We have to stick with the traditional way of making it, the way that our great grandparents did. It seems that you’ll commit a bigger sin when you create a version of this recipe. But don’t worry, you can do your version the way you want it too. It’s just that it’s not possible in our house. Try to make a version for this Old-Fashioned Pasta Salad recipe, and enjoy it with your family and friends.
1 pound Bernardi’s Veggie Rotini Pasta KBLR
6 tbsp Salad seasoning blend
(1) (16 oz) bottle of Salad dressing, Italian, commercial, regular, with salt
2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, cup
(1) peppers, sweet, green, raw; green bell pepper
(1) peppers, sweet, red, raw; red bell pepper
(½) peppers, sweet, yellow, raw; yellow bell pepper
(1) (2.25 oz) can Olives, ripe, canned (small-extra large)
1. Place and cook in a large pot of salted boiling water the pasta until al dente and rinse under cold water and drain.
2. Add and whisk the salad spice mix and Italian dressing.
3. In a salad bowl, add and combine the pasta, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and olives. Pour dressing over salad, then toss and refrigerate overnight.
1. Serve this with your favorite kabobs. I like serving mine with bbq pineapple chicken kabobs, Korean chicken kabobs, or Shrimp Kabobs.
2. As I mentioned, you can tweak the ingredients for this recipe. If you have kids, try to serve this with a dish that they usually it.
3. You can use any pasta that is available in your pantry.
Per Serving: 400.1 calories; 2.7 mg cholesterol; 1904.2 mg sodium; 7.9 g protein; 39 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.