Old but Gold! Everybody wants a good tasting cake. Well, who doesn’t? When I was a kid I’ve always wanted to learn how to bake. I remember watching my mom worked around the kitchen and saying I want to be just like her when I grow up. She taught me everything in life including this recipe. I can say that I was trained by the best cook. This recipe is not complicated though. I am 100% sure that you can do this. This will only take about 2 hours to bake and I promise it is worth your time. I taught my kid this recipe and after 2 tries, (and a thousand mess in the kitchen) she was able to make a Butter pound cake. I was so proud and so was she. So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to go to the kitchen and let the Baking Wizard out of you!
You will surely love this recipe! Enjoy!
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
3 sticks butter, unsalted (softened at room temp)
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
3 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp salt
6 large eggs
How to cook Old School Butter Pound Cake
1. Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until creamy and smooth.
2. Add the sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
3. Now, beat slowly until it becomes light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs and flour alternately. 1 egg is to 1/2 cup of flour. Continue this method until eggs and flour are all used.
5. Grease the 10-cup Bundt pan. Also, add flour.
6. Pour in the batter into the Bundt pan.
7. Prepare the oven. Bake for about 1 1/2 hours at a 325 degrees C. If the tester comes out clean, you are done! (You can use a toothpick as a tester.)
8. Remove the cake from the pan and let it sit on the wire rack to cool.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.