Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 25 mins | Total time: 30 mins | Serves: 6
Make this amazing hamburger helper lasagna from scratch and enjoy a filling and scrumptious weeknight dinner with your family. This is comfort food at its finest. A healthier homemade meal that you can throw together in a snap!
1 small onion chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
1 lb. ground beef extra lean
2 c. marinara sauce
3 c. chicken broth low sodium
8 oz. mafalda pasta uncooked
1 c. mozzarella cheese shredded
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped for garnish
¼ tsp salt or to taste
¼ tsp pepper or to taste
HOW TO MAKE ONE-POT HAMBURGER HELPER LASAGNA
Step 1: Cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink and begins to brown. If needed, drain the excess grease.
Step 2: To the skillet with the ground beef, stir in the chopped onion and minced garlic. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Continue to cook for about 3 minutes more or until the onions have softened and are translucent.
Step 3: Now, add the marinara sauce to the skillet along with the pasta and chicken broth. Stir and bring everything to a boil. Once boiling, adjust the heat to low and continue to cook for another 15 minutes or until the pasta is completely cooked and most of the sauce has been absorbed.
Step 4: Add the cheese, stir, and cook for 30 seconds to a minute more or until melted.
Step 5: Remove from the heat when done and serve the lasagna garnished with some parsley. Enjoy!
1. Feel free to swap Mafalda pasta with either farfalle, penne, shells, elbow, etc.
2. To reduce the fat content, use ground chicken or turkey.
3. After adding the liquids, scrape the bottom of the skillet to release the brown bits.
4. This recipe is very versatile, you are welcome to play around with the cheese, spices, etc.
5. For the leftovers, keep them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days.
6. Allow the leftovers to cool fully before keeping them in an airtight container, then freeze for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1serving Calories: 377kcal (19%) Carbohydrates: 36g (12%) Protein: 27g (54%) Fat: 13g (20%) Saturated Fat: 5g (31%) Cholesterol: 63mg (21%) Sodium: 731mg (32%) Potassium: 753mg (22%) Fiber: 2g (8%) Sugar: 5g (6%) Vitamin A: 600IU (12%) Vitamin C: 8.7mg (11%) Calcium: 147mg (15%) Iron: 3.7mg (21%)
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.