It tastes like everybody’s favorite Mexican rice restaurant dish. Except in 30 minutes or less, it is transformed into a full, hearty meal. This rice pot was always a staple in my house because this is one of the things we can all agree about. I used to put it together and baked it in the oven. I could only turn that into a pottery dish until I realized that I can make this using the stove. We enjoy this also with an additional salsa side and a dollop of sour cream.
1 lb lean ground beef
1 cup yellow onion, diced
10.5 oz condensed chicken broth
2 cups of water
2 cups instant rice
1 cup medium salsa
1/2 cup Heinz chili sauce
8.75 oz canned corn, not drained
4 oz canned of chopped green chilies, not drained
1 oz taco seasoning
3 cups shredded mozzarella
1. On medium to high heat, place a large saute bowl on the stove and add a dab of butter and or margarine to the pan.
2. In the saute pan, cook the ground beef.
3. Add diced onions to the pan while cooking the ground beef.
4. Keep cooking ground beef and onions, and ensure that the beef cooks well.
5. Drain the grease from the pan when the ground beef is fully boiled.
6. Add condensed chicken broth and water to the pan in medium-high heat still.
7. In the pan, add instant rice.
8. Stir until all the rice is covered in the liquid. Stir gently.
9. Let the dish simmer until the rice absorbs all the liquid, stirring occasionally.
10. Add to the bread the salsa, chili sauce, canned corn, green chilies, and taco seasoning.
11. Make sure you did not drain the canned corn and canned green chilies before you add it to the pan, Stir it well
12. Just allow the dish to cook for a few minutes and remove the pan from the heat
13. In the pan, add 2 cups of grated cheese.
14. Stir the beef and rice mixture so that the cheese is fully complemented.
15. Top with the rest of the cup of shredded cheese, but don’t stir in this time.
16. Top the cheese with the dried chives.
17. Let the dish rest to allow the cheese to melt on top for a few minutes, then serve.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.