Prep time: 30 min | Cooking: 1 hr | Additional: 30 min | Total: 2 hr | Serving: 12 | Yield: 1 – 10 inch Bundt cake
A soft, tender orange cake that bursts with fresh orange flavor. This recipe for the everyday orange cake is simple to produce, and will only improve over time. This orange cake is one with which I grew up, and now I end up sharing it with you. I love getting a slice of it for breakfast, or afternoon with some tea. Food is full of memories, and one of my favorites in my childhood is the orange cake my mom takes.
My mom is known for her orange cake, or maybe for letting me sneak in a slice until it finally cooled off. I grew up with her recipe, but it wasn’t until a recent nostalgic craving for the citrus cake that I finally asked her for it. I recall moments vividly in the kitchen, waiting in anticipation for my mother to take the orange cake out of the oven. She always told me to wait for it to cool down completely, but normally, my impatience gave me a slice of warm cake. The cake is now passed through our family with my daughter, and soon we will all enjoy a slice of my mom’s simple orange cake.
(1) (18.25 oz) package yellow cake mix
(1) (3 oz) package instant lemon pudding mix
¾ cup of orange juice
½ cup of vegetable oil
1 tsp lemon extract
⅓ cup of orange juice
⅔ cup white sugar
¼ cup butter
1. Grease a 10 inch Bundt pan. Preheat oven about 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Stir together cake mix and pudding mix in a large bowl. Create a well in the center, add and pour in 3/4 cup orange juice, oil, eggs, and lemon extract. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape the bowl, and beat for 4 minutes at medium speed.
3. In a preheated oven, bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Allow it cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
4. Cook 1/3 c of orange juice, sugar, and butter in a saucepan over medium heat for two minutes. Drizzle over cake.
Per Serving: 409.8 calories; 73 mg cholesterol; 442.7 mg sodium; 4.2 g protein; 55 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.