Have you heard of Orange Meringue? This is the best Meringue Pie that you will surely love! Try these easy steps to have something new in your list of amazing recipes.
1 (9 inches) unbaked pie crust
¾ cup of sugar
⅓ cup cornstarch
1 pinch salt
1 cup of orange juice
½ cup lemon juice
¼ cup of water
4 eggs, separated
4 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut into pieces
2 teaspoons grated orange zest
½ cup diced orange segments
½ cup white sugar
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
How to make Orange Meringue Pie
1. Ready the oven. Preheat to 400 degrees F or 205 degrees C.
2. Line pastry with aluminium foil and a layer of pie weights or dried beans.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until you achieve a golden crust edge.
4. Now, carefully remove the aluminium foil and pie weights then bake for about 5 minutes more.
5. Add together the 1/3 cup cornstarch, 3/4 cup sugar, and salt in a small saucepan then stir it thoroughly until it is well-mixed.
6. Pour in 1/4 cup of water, orange juice, and lemon juice in the same saucepan.
7. Whisk in the egg yolks.
8. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Make sure to keep stirring frequently until it is thick and bubbly.
9. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and orange zest.
10. Stir in portions of diced oranges (Optional).
11. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust then cover with plastic before setting it aside to cool.
12. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
13. When the pie filling has cooled down to room temperature, you can preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
14. Prepare the meringue.
15. Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
16. In a large metal or glass bowl, beat the egg whites until it is foamy.
17. Gradually add cream of tartar and 1/2 cup sugar while continuously beating until stiff peaks form.
18. Lift your beater or whisk straight up. The egg whites should form a sharp peak that holds its shape.
19. Spread mixture over the pie and make sure that filling is completely covered with meringue and meets the edges of the pie crust.
20. Bake for about 15 minutes in the preheated oven until the meringue topping is golden brown.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.