Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Total time: 20 mins | Servings: 4
Tender and juicy pork chops flavoured with a simple, flavorful dry rub seasoning. Incredibly easy to make, budget-friendly, and impressively delicious!
4 boneless pork chops, 1” thick (1 ½ lb)
2 tbsp olive oil
Pork Chop Seasoning:
1 tsp paprika, or smoked paprika
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder, or granulated garlic or onion powder
1 1/2 tsp salt, see note
1 tsp black pepper
How to make Oven Baked Boneless Pork Chops
Step 1: Thirty minutes before starting cooking, take the pork chops out of the fridge and let them come to room temperature. This step is optional but recommended.
Step 2: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 400 degrees F or 204 degrees C and position the rack in the middle. Using vegetable oil or cooking spray, lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
Step 3: With paper towels, pat the pork chops dry. Then, in a single layer, place the chops on a sheet pan and coat all sides with oil.
Step 4: Mix the paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl until combined. On all sides of the pork chops, rub the seasoning mixture.
Step 5: Using aluminium foil, tent the pork chops. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes, making sure not to flip the chops while baking. Keep in mind that the cooking time varies depending on the thickness of the chops. Into the middle of the chop, insert an instant-read thermometer to check the doneness, Once the temperature reached 145 degrees F or 63 degrees C the chops are done.
Step 6: To a cutting board or plate, transfer the pork chops using kitchen tongs. Cover with foil and let the chops rest for at least 5 to 7 minutes, undisturbed, before serving.
1. When buying pork chops, make sure to look for fresh, firm cuts (at least an inch thick), pinkish-red with creamy fat marbling around the edges. You should avoid meat with a greyish hue or seemly becoming soft with spots on the fat.
2. Salt helps to bring the natural flavour and tenderizes the pork. You can decrease it to a tsp of desired and adjust the seasoning to taste before serving.
3. Per half-inch thick, the baking time should be 7 to 8 minutes, meaning 15 minutes per an inch boneless chop. But the best way to check if the chop is done is by checking the internal temperature since they vary somewhat.
4. So long as the chops internal temperature reached 145 degrees F, the chops are done even if the meat may be slightly pink after baking.
5. Place the leftovers in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving (6 oz), Calories 306 | Calories from Fat 180 | Fat 20g 31% | Saturated Fat 5g 25% | Cholesterol 90mg 30% | Sodium 937mg 39% | Potassium 520mg 15% | Carbohydrates 1g 0% | Fiber 1g 4% | Sugar 1g 1% | Protein 29g 58% | Vitamin A 246IU 5% | Calcium 9mg 1% | Iron 1mg 6%
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.