This delicious Parmesan Baked Oven is easy and requires no frying. This parmesan chicken is baked, so it’s healthy, fast, and easy! Make this baked crusted Parmesan chicken in about 30 minutes for dinner tonight. Parmesan Baked Chicken is healthy because it’s baked and not fried, so it has less oil. With the use of chicken breasts, it has a lot but less fat protein. I use my home-made sauce of marinara, not adding sugar. And you can check the type and amount of cheese you use. While I would rather use mozzarella whole milk, you can also use some skim (it doesn’t melt just as well, and I don’t think the calorie difference is very small) if you prefer. A serving of this Parmesan Baked Chicken has 436 calories, compared with a total of 1450 calories from Olive Gardens Chicken Parmesan.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breasts (1 lb of chicken)
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese fresh grated
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup marinara sauce
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
2 tbsp minced parsley optional, for garnish
1. Prepare a baking sheet with foil, brush with olive oil. Adjust the oven rack from top space in the second. Preheat oven at about 400 degrees F.
2. Cut chicken breasts in half, pound to even thickness: cut it through the middle of the breast of the chicken, cut it as if you are opening a book, and make two pieces of the same dimensions.
3. Position it in a gallon-sized zip-top bag, stick it out and then pound it to even thickness with a food pound or rolling pin when the chicken breasts are cut in half. The chicken breasts can also be placed between two layers of a clamping wrap rather than a zip-top bag.
4. Dab with a paper towel to dry, then add salt and pepper to your chicken breasts.
5. Mix panko bread crumbs, grated parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper in one shallow dish.
6. Stir one egg in another shallow dish.
7. Dip a breast of chicken in the egg and then the crumb bread. Make sure the chicken breast is completely covered in the chicken mix and that the chicken is gently pressed with your hand. Onto a prepared baking sheet place the chicken breast, repeat with the other parts of the chicken.
8. In the second portion from the top rack in the oven, place the baking sheet. Bake until cooked for 15 minutes.
9. Toss Chicken, pour over each piece of chicken 1/4 cup of marinara sauce and then add the cheese. Put back in the oven. Turn on the broiler. Cook until cheese has melted and browned, and chicken edges are turning brown, for 2-4 minutes.
I advise buying and grating a wedge of parmesan cheese instead of buying pre-grated Parmesan cheese. Pregrated Parmesan containers often contain wood pulp, not to mention that they just don’t taste as good. You better buy a wing and use a Microplane to grill a wedge for real Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.