Prep time: 10 min | Cooking: 15 min | Total: 25 min | Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
Parmesan Oven Baked Tomatoes is a great side dish for your next dinner. Not only do they taste amazing, but this recipe is also super simple to make, I know you would love to make them as much as you love to eat them. When I was growing up, eating is one of the problems that my parent has over me. When I’m eating and saw vegetables and fruits in my food, I would always remove it and put it aside. My grandmother was the one who introduced this to me, she said to try this one, or I can’t eat my favorite snack. And because I love the snack more than the vegetables, I tried it, and that’s the best decision I made. It is so delicious, and the cheese complements the tomatoes well.
(4) ripe tomatoes, sliced
4 tbsp mayonnaise
4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp brown mustard
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. On a baking sheet, arrange tomato slices in a single layer. Mix the mayonnaise, parmesan, Dijon mustard, and brown mustard in a small bowl. Add and season with oregano, and salt and pepper, to taste. Use a spoon to top each tomato slice with a small amount of mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella and top with parsley.
3. In a preheated oven, bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve this immediately.
1. Pick ripe tomatoes out on the market. You can say if they’re ripe when you squeeze them out if they have a slight give.
2. Parmesan quality makes a big difference, see if you can find parmesan that is still in a block. Usually, it is of higher quality than the pre-grated material, and you can use a grater to shave it down.
Per Serving: 172.5 calories; 14.2 mg cholesterol; 649 mg sodium; 5.1 g protein; 7.6 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.