Prep: 20 min | Cook: 30 mins | Total: 50 min
Consider this Peanut Butter Pie With a Chewy Brownie Crust for a decadent change when you’re tired from serving the same old Thanksgiving pumpkin or apple pie. If you raise your eyebrows by this combination, you ‘re not the only one. But I wouldn’t lie to you, somehow this gang of ingredients comes together to make a pillowy, light, and amazingly rich layer of soft peanut buttery filling all at the same time.
It is a complete pleasure for the crowd and does not last much. In addition to the fact that it can be made in good time, it is a perfect way of entertainment. Everyone’s going to want this pie for seconds.
(1) unbaked refrigerated single (9-inch) pie crust
(1) (15.5 oz) package brownie mix
1/4 cup peanut butter chips
1/3 cup Mott’s® Original Applesauce
3 tbsp water
(1) (8 oz) package cream cheese softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
(1) (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 tbsp chopped peanuts
2 tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Add and place pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate according to package directions; flute edge.
3. Place the brownie mix, peanut butter chips, apple sauce, water, and egg in a bowl. Stir 50 strokes to mix. Pour batter into the unbaked pie crust.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, then cover the edge of the crust with aluminum foil. Continue baking until crust is golden brown and center of brownie is set, 15 or 20 more minutes. Slightly Cool for 20 minutes, then refrigerates for an hour or until completely cooled.
5. Beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, and confectioners’ sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Add and spread mixture over brownie. Sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate chips. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Cover leftovers and refrigerate.
Per Serving: 623 calories; 36.2 g fat; 43 mg cholesterol; 394 mg sodium; 69 g carbohydrates; 10.5 g protein.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.