Prep time: 20 min | Cooking: 45 min | Total: 1 hr 5 min | Servings: 36 | Yield: 3 dozen
There are several recipes for pecan pie bars out there, and I had to experiment with a couple of them before I found one that I liked very much. There seemed to be a lot of recipes for me that didn’t have the right egg ratio in the filling or didn’t bake for a long enough time, so the center was too runny. This recipe will give you a delicious pecan pie bars, sweet with a crunch.
I am so satisfied with the outcome of my experimentation of the recipes for Pecan Pie Bar I found. When you have tried these tasty sweets, during the holidays, you will find yourself making them each year. I love being able to cut them as large or as small as you want, which means you can make squares of bite-size and feed a large group. I love this recipe exactly as it is written, but to customize the bars to your tastes, you can add other ingredients to the mix.
3 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup white sugar
½ tsp salt
1 cup margarine
1 ½ cups light corn syrup
1 ½ cups white sugar
3 tbsp of margarine, melted
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
2 ½ cups chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease lightly a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan.
2. Stir flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Cut a cup of margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the prepared pan and press in firmly.
3. In a preheated oven, bake for 20 minutes.
4. Prepare filling while the crust is baking. Mix eggs, corn syrup, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 3 tbsp of margarine, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in the chopped pecans. Spread uniformly over the crust as soon as you remove it from the oven.
5. In a preheated oven, bake for 25 minutes until set. On a wire rack, let it cool absolutely before slicing into bars.
Per Serving: 232.8 calories; 20.7 mg cholesterol; 117.5 mg sodium; 2.5 g protein; 30.7 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.