It is a dense but delicious loaf that is just as delicious if it is served as a dessert when tucked into your morning coffee. You might have thought you couldn’t make a new bite, but when you put the eyes on this cake, it won’t be any good thing.
For the Crumb:
1 1/2 cups pecans, finely chopped
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
3 tbsp of melted butter
For the Cake:
1 7/8 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
(2) large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream or creme fraiche
1. Preheat oven at about the temperature of 350 ° F (175 ° C). Put butter on an 8×10 baking dish.
2. Place pecans in a bowl until they are all butter-coated in 3-4 minutes, 1/3 cup white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and molten butter carefully.
3. Combine flour, salt, bakery, and baking soda in a separate tub.
4. Combine butter and 1 cup of sugar with a spatula in another bowl until you are well mixed. Add 1 egg and whisk until 2 to 3 minutes are smooth. Whisk the second egg well until combine. Whisk vanilla and sour cream together. Combine wet ingredients and add flour mixture; whisk until flour disappears (do not over mix).
5. Spread the batter one half evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Scatter one half of the crumb mixture equally above the batter’s level. Use the rest of the batter, scatter evenly on top. Try not to damage the crumbs. Use the remaining crumbs and spread on top. Press crumbs very gently onto the batter. In a preheated oven, bake for 30 to 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool before serving.
One tip to put on the second layer of batter: you can use a piping bag to pinch an even layer and then brush it with a spatula. Even though you spread by hand and mix in a few nuts, as you saw in the film, it always comes out beautifully.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.