There is nothing better than a nice homemade tortilla. Who says you need to buy everything in department stores? Now, this recipe will not only make you feel good about yourself because you made something from scratch but it is also a way of being productive in times like this. Oh yeah, you read the title right. It only involves 5 basic ingredients. I didn’t know that it only takes 5 ingredients to make the perfect tortilla. Thanks to my dear friend for teaching me how to make it. Now, it is my time to share this with you. I usually use a tortilla for a pizza base. It has a nice texture and crunch to it.
Give this one a try and invite your friends over after this pandemic. Maybe open some beers, talk about happy times. Ahh, it’s gonna be awesome!
Have fun with this recipe and stay safe!
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil or Crisco or butter (Crisco works best)
1 cup of warm water
1. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of the stand mixer. While the stand mixer is up and running, add in the water and oil. Mix it for 2-3 minutes until you achieve a smooth dough.
2. Place the dough into a cutting board. (Pour flour to the board to avoid the dough from sticking.) Divide into 16 equal pieces.
3. Roll each piece and slightly flatten.
4. Place a large skillet into the stove and turn to over medium-heat while the dough is resting for 15 minutes. Roll one ball of dough at a time. (Use a rolling pin to make it into thin circles.)
5. Cook the tortillas for about 1-2 minutes then flip and cook the other side 30 seconds.
6. Move the cooked tortillas to a clean plate. Repeat the process with the remainder of the dough. Enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.