Prep: 10mins | Cook: 35mins | Total: 45mins | Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
We love the traditional Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich and its genius and even better to bring those flavors into a quesadilla. Before anything else, a quesadilla is a Mexican dish. It’s a tortilla that’s filled with cheese, choice herbs, meats, beans and vegetables, and baked on a skillet. A better way of explaining quesadillas would be to have a flat-packed taco. Quesadillas freeze well, and the leftovers can also be reheated, making it a fantastic recipe for make-ahead and good for your meal planning. We love to serve quesadillas with Taco Soup and topped with Pico de Gallo.
Philly Cheesesteak Quesadillas are filled with melted Cheddar cheese, crisp onions and peppers, and superior Sirloin beef. When you want a sandwich made from Philly Cheese Steak, you’ll love those quesadillas. It’s great for a picnic or garden gatherings.
(1) (1 lb) top sirloin Beef, separable lean only, trimmed to 1/4″ fat, all grades, raw
(2) small Onions, raw
(2) eaches Peppers, sweet, green, raw; green bell pepper
1 cup sauce, barbeque sauce
8 (10 inches) flour tortilla
2 cups Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven at about 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir beef until browned for 5 to 7 minutes. Add onions and green bell peppers to beef, and then cook and stir until softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Pour barbeque sauce over beef mixture and simmer until sauce reduces slightly for 10 minutes.
4. On a baking sheet, lay (4) tortillas and top each with beef mixture and Cheddar cheese.
5. Bake for 10 minutes; flip the quesadillas and cook until cheese melts about 5 minutes more in the preheated oven.
1. When spreading over the tortillas, add some hot sauce or sriracha to your sauce, if you love spicy food.
2. You can use any size of tortilla and fill it with as much filling as you want. A smaller tortilla needs less additional filling, which can give you more quesadillas.
3. You can substitute beef sirloin with beef round.
Per Serving: 926.7 calories; 108.4 mg cholesterol; 1984.8 mg sodium; 46.3 g protein; 101.3 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.