Sausage balls make a great snack or appetizer. They are like whole pizzas that can pop into your mouth in a single bite! Leave the green bell peppers and onions out if needed. Transform a biscuit dough into simple cheesy pizza rolls. Ready in just 20 minutes, this delicious appetizer makes the perfect snack for a party or film night.
Cheese balls have an amazing way to turn ordinary crackers into gourmet delicacies, and they are ideal for any occasion, but we had no idea how versatile cheese ball ingredients might be. Melting Cheddar cheese, hot pepperoni, fluffy mash-these crispy balls of pizza have everything. Such cheese-filled croquettes are covered in breadcrumbs and baked until crispy and crisp for a super-indulgent winter snack to share, using ready-made mashed potato for a clever shortcut. Pair it with pita bread and the delivery guy never misses your guests.
1 lb ground Italian sausage
2 cups baking mix
1 chopped green bell pepper
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 (16 oz) package shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup pizza sauce
1 cup of water
1. Preheat oven at about 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Fill a large baking sheet with light grease.
2. Mix Italian sausage, baking mixture, green bell pepper, yellow onion, mozzarella cheese, and pizza sauce in a medium dish. Gradually stir in water until a workable consistency is achieved. Roll into balls in 1 inch.
3. Arrange balls of pizza on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
1. You can add a generous amount of cheese if you want cheesier pizza balls.
2. If you don’t have ground Italian sausage then you can use any sausage available in your house. But I prefer the other one as it gives a different flavor to the pizza roll.
3. Once you intend to cook it you should prepare all the ingredients a night once saving time.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.