If you typically save pork chops for guests at weekend dinner, this is about to change. These chops are outwardly golden-brown, inwardly beautifully juicy, and taste like a little luxury — but they’re easy enough for even the busiest of weekends. They quickly come together in about half an hour on the stovetop.
This dish tastes sophisticated but takes hardly any effort to put together, making it just as perfect for busy weekends when you are looking for comfort as it is for a Saturday night’s last-minute dinner party. The sauce is aromatic with garlic and thyme and produces rich with cream and mustard Dijon, the latter providing an understated and unexpected tang that holds everything in check. While the mushrooms and pork soak themselves in plenty of creamy sauce, there’s plenty left for you. That means you’ll want some mashed potatoes or rice on hand for this recipe because it’s worth soaking up every bit of it.
2 lbs boneless pork chops
1/2 tsp paprika
(1) pinch kosher salt and ground black pepper
1/4 cup butter, divided
1 (8 oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
(4) cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 cups beef broth
1. Add and season with paprika, salt, and pepper on both sides of pork chops.
2. In a pan, add 2 tbsp of butter and heat over a medium to high heat. Sear pork chops in the center for 2 to 4 minutes per side until golden brown and no longer pink. Remove from the skillet pork chops and set aside.
3. Melt the remaining butter over medium to high heat in the same saucepan. Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, until golden and excess moisture evaporates. Add garlic and mustard; cook for about 1 minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
4. Add flour to skillet and whisk to extract lumps. Add beef broth slowly, whisking until combined. Add and season with pepper and salt. Reduce to medium heat, stirring frequently, and let it simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens. Check if it needs additional seasoning.
5. Bring the pork chops back to the pan and cook for about 1 minute until heated. Serve warm.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.