This recipe contains only five ingredients and takes a few minutes to make this recipe. The best thing about these tacos is they can be made ahead of time and frozen for later unbaked. Great for holiday parties and tailgating. My new favorite way of eating tacos is these Puffy Tacos, and it is so perfect. Dipped them in some sauce, ranch dip, and the two mixed. These tacos taste fantastic at room temperature straight out of the oven. The next day just reheats the remaining for lunch. It still tastes fantastic.
1 lb ground beef
1 (1-oz) package taco seasoning
1 (10-oz) can of drained diced tomatoes and green chiles
⅔ cup of water
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1 (17.3-oz) package of puff pastry, thawed
1. Preheat oven at about 400 degrees F. Top two parchment-papered baking sheets then set aside.
2. Cook ground beef in a large skillet until it is no longer pink. Drain and drain. Attach seasoning with a taco, diced tomatoes and green chilies, and tea. Simmer on for five minutes. Set aside
3. Pastries: Unfold the pastry sheets. Slice each sheet into nine squares.
4. Arrange taco meat down the pastry squares diagonally in the middle. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese with a few. Fold over the filling two opposite corners of each square, and press to seal the edges. Place on a baking sheet prepared.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until dark brown. Serve dry, or at ambient temperature.
1. Be very patient when you make these. Assure proper ventilation is in place and do not allow the oil to get too hot.
2. Sometimes, use a clean counter if you can’t get your hands on a tortilla press. You’ll also need the plastic to prevent the dough from sticking to the counter.
3. For these Puffy Taco Shells, you might use all of your favorite ingredients for a taco!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.