Prep: 15 min | Additional: 2 hrs and 30 min | Total: 2 hrs 45 min | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
Bacon and ranch are unquestionable together. Rich and smoky bacon makes for a cuddly sauce full of fresh herbs. It provides the ideal luxurious layer for cooked chilled pasta and other sliced carrots. We throw shredded Parmesan into the blend to add a layer of salty goodness and whisk in a new fresh dill to improve pasta salad and herbal flavor. A taste of this pasta salad is savory and sweet with ranch dressing and sweet bacon bits attached to the pasta.
(1) (16 oz) package farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
1 cup prepared ranch dressing
(6) slices bacon
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
(1) carrot, peeled and diced
(1) stalk celery, diced
(1) red onion, diced
1. In a large pot, fill it with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once water is boiling, stir in the bow tie pasta and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered until the pasta has cooked through but is still firm to the bite for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a colander set, drain it well in the sink. Move it to a bowl, and refrigerate until cool for at least 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, add and place the bacon, cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned for 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain slices of bacon on a paper towel-lined plate, allow to cool and chop.
3. In a large salad bowl, stir ranch dressing, bacon, Parmesan cheese, carrot, celery, and red onion until well combined. Stir lightly in the cooled pasta to coat with dressing, and refrigerate 2 hours to blend flavors before serving.
1. You may use any sort of noodle, but for sentimental reasons, we stick to traditional farfalle (bow-tie) pasta because it reminds us of pasta salads by our grandmothers.
2. In this recipe, instead of lettuce or cabbage, you can use pasta for a lighter summer salad with crunch.
Per Serving: 583.8 calories; 26.8 mg cholesterol; 712.7 mg sodium; 17.7 g protein; 62.8 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.