Prep: 20mins | Cook: 45mins | Additional: 2hrs | Total: 3hr5mins | Servings: 8 | Yield: 1 9-inch pie
The pie has a flaky, tender crust. It is filled with soft fluffy cream. It is a great way to end a meal in the summer. You should try this recipe for Raspberry Cream Pie, and enjoy it with your friends and family.
(1) recipe of pie crust, standard-type, prepared from recipe, unbaked
For Raspberry Topping:
¼ cup Sugars, granulated
1 tbsp Cornstarch
(1) (12 oz) package IQF Red Raspberry OBC
1 ½ tbsp Water, municipal
1 ½ tbsp Lemon juice, raw
1 tbsp of butter, with salt
½ tsp Vanilla extract
For the Cream Filling:
1 ½ cups Cream, fluid, heavy whipping
(1) (8 oz) package Cheese, cream
¾ cup Sugars, powdered
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
½ cup Cream, sour, cultured
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Roll out pie crust and gently lay inside a 9-inch pie dish. Press the dough lightly into the corners and sides of the dish to help prevent shrinkage. Prick the bottom of the pie crust a few times with a fork. Prepare by lining the bottom with foil or parchment and fill with dried beans or pie weights.
3. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove lining and beans or weights and continue baking until the crust is golden brown, about 15 minutes more. Let cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, whisk sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Stir in raspberries, water, and lemon juice. Let it boil, stirring constantly. Boil until thickened, about 5 minutes. Take away from heat, and then stir in butter and vanilla extract. Set aside to cool.
5. Pour heavy cream into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat until stiff peaks form on medium speed. Transfer to another bowl.
6. Add and combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in the stand mixer bowl. Use a paddle attachment and beat for 2 minutes until well combined. Fold in whipped cream and sour cream until evenly incorporated.
7. Spread cream filling into the cooled pie crust. Add the cooled raspberry topping on top. Refrigerate pie for 2 hours to overnight until thoroughly chilled.
This recipe will also work on fresh raspberries.
Per Serving: 505.1 calories; 102.1 mg cholesterol; 235.7 mg sodium; 5.4 g protein; 35.6 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.