Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits are much tastier than those box mixes. This recipe for copycat is so simple it takes just one pot, one whisk, no baking mix, and 20 minutes. Yeah, from start to serve just 20 minutes. To tell the truth, I choose almost anything over seafood. Curiously enough, Red Lobster is a favorite of mine. If you’ve ever been with me, you know that I can only eat my body weight in Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
1-1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, (divided)
1 cup whole milk
8 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1. Preheat oven at 450 degrees F. Line a parchment-papered baking sheet.
2. To a small microwave-safe mixing bowl, add 1 stick (1/2 cup) of Butter. Microwave for 30 seconds or until molten butter. Set aside.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Whisk well together
4. Pour the melted butter and milk and whisk until the flour is all wet and do not mix over.
5. Add the cheese, and fold a spoon in.
6. Drop onto the baking sheet, heaping spoonfuls. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown cookies.
7. Meanwhile, melt the remaining 1/2 stick of butter (1/4 cup) in a small mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, or before molten chocolate.
8. Add salt and parsley 1/4 Tablespoon. Stir with a pinch of pastry.
9. Take the biscuits from the microwave, melted butter mixture, and wash. Serve, and enjoy.
1. Cover with more butter if you are hunting for abundance. Heavy cream isn’t a healthy dairy replacement.
2. Feel free to replace your usual shredded cheese. I used Pepper Jack in this recipe.
3. To get a really good texture at the top of the biscuits, it is best to drop them from 2 spoons instead of using a scoop.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.