Prep time: 20 min | Cooking: 40 min | Total: 1 hr | Servings: 14 | Yield: 1-10 inch Bundt cake
I am a huge fan of root beer floats. In reality, I like any kind of floats. People may know me by throwing a scoop of vanilla ice cream into a bowl and pour over it with Diet Coke. I am not the type of person who does many things in the hope of having a quick fix. I don’t like quick results, for me, it’s more important to me is that I grow and learn with everything I do. This recipe is best when you’re in your home’s privacy, it is so much easier, and you won’t get implicit judgment when you eat it. Serve this cake with vanilla ice cream. Aside from the obvious float connotation, the ice cream perfectly complements this cake. It is a really rich cake and helps balance it out with the cool smoothness of the ice cream.
There’s something about a root beet float that takes me back to those very weird childhood memories on a conveyer belt. The taste, the bubbles, the deeply creamy soda, it brings me back to when I was a child, playing with my sister in an old beat-up red wagon and sitting in front of an old black and white Screen watching baseball with my dad.
(1) (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
(1) (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
¼ cup of vegetable oil
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
3 tbsp root beer
1. Preheat the oven about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
2. In a medium bowl, add and stir the cake mix, 12 ounces root beer, oil, and eggs until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
3. In the preheated oven, bake it for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool the cake in the saucepan for 15 minutes before inverting over a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Poke the holes in the cake with a skewer at 2-inch intervals. Pour Root Beer Glaze evenly over cake.
5. To make the Root Beer Glaze: Add and combine the confectioner’s sugar and 3 tbsp of root beer in a small bowl. Beat until smooth.
Per Serving: 239.3 calories; 40.6 mg cholesterol; 261.6 mg sodium; 3 g protein; 36.6 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.