Chicken and Stuffing casserole made perfectly comfy, chicken meals, and a creamy stocking combination made with onions, celery, and champagne make the ideal food for the warmth of fall and is the only food to serve if you cannot wait for this Thanksgiving meal. In the cold weather months, chicken casseroles are one of my favorite dinners to cook. They are convenient, fun, and sometimes a very cheap way to feed a family. Additionally, they are perfect to use remains and make themselves beautiful residues.
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup butter
1 (6 ounces) package quick-cooking stuffing mix (such as Stove Top(R)), or more to taste
1 tbsp butter
(1) onion, diced
(3) stalks celery, diced, or more to taste
1 (10.75 ounces) can cream of chicken soup
(1) (8 ounces) container sour cream
1/2 (10.5 ounces) can cream of mushroom soup
(1) whole cooked and shredded rotisserie chicken, skinned and boned
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven at about 375 ° F.
2. Spray cooking spray on a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
3. In a saucepan, bring the water and 1/4 cup of butter to a boil; stir in stuffing mixture. Remove the casserole from heat, cover, and let sit until water absorbs for approximately five minutes. Fluff the fork with stuffing.
4. Heat a tbsp of butter over medium heat in a skillet; cook and stir the celery and onion for about 10 minutes, until softened.
5. In a bowl, mix the cream with mushroom soup, chicken soup, and sour cream.
6. Spread the shredded chicken onto the bottom of the baking dish prepared. Add and layer the onion mixture over chicken and season with salt and pepper; top with the soup mix and spread stuffing over the layer of soup mix.
7. Bake until browned in the preheated oven and bubble for around an hour.
1. You can also use this casserole with leftover turkey.
2. Casserole chicken and stuffing can be cooked and covered and cooled the night before. On cooking time, simply add 5 minutes or so.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.