What kind of sausage is your favourite? Well, it doesn’t matter because in this recipe you can use all kinds of sausages. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this dish will surely be a part of your day 2 or 3 times a week! Yeah, it’s that good! A very simple yet satisfying dish that you and your family or friends will enjoy! Just the other day I had friends over so I figured maybe I can cook this recipe. It was a hit! One friend of mine was even asking me for more but there was nothing left. So, I just gave her my recipe so she can cook whenever she craves for a nice sausage and rice casserole. I cannot oversell this enough. So start by looking for rice. Do you have it? Yeah? Perfect! This will only take 1 hour to prepare and cook. Very hassle-free and very delicious! Happy cooking!
1 1/2 lb of hot breakfast sausage
1 small onion, chopped
1 stalk(s) celery, chopped
1 half, red bell pepper, chopped
1 1/4 cups of uncooked jasmine rice or reg. long-grain rice
10 1/2 oz can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups chicken stock
3/4 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
1. Cook the sausage in a large-sized skillet on medium heat until it turns brown.
2. Smash the sausage as it cooks using a wooden spoon.
3. Let the sausage render its fat. (Cook it on its natural oil.)
4. Toss in the chopped onion, celery, and bell pepper. Sautee for 5 minutes.
5. Toss in the uncooked rice. Stir until all the ingredients are well-mixed.
6. In a small bowl, mix the soup and broth. Whisk until it is well-mixed and pour it in the skillet with all the other ingredients.
7. Add the cheese and stir to combine well.
8. Lightly grease the 2.5 quarts baking dish.
9. Pour in the casserole.
10. Tightly cover with tinfoil.
11. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees C for 1 hour.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.