Prep time: 20 min | Cook: 40 min | Total: 1 hr | Servings: 32 | Yield: 1 9×13-inch pan of brownies
Chewy brownies are thick in texture, but they still have a slight crumb. Fudgy brownies are thick with an incredibly moist interior of chocolate – somewhere between a chocolate truffle and a slab of fudge. I like my brownies that are so rich and moist that they taste like frosting that you can eat in bars. These Scrumptious Frosted Fudgy brownies are delicious with the right of sweetness that will let you experience a taste of heaven.
(8) (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
1 cup butter
3 cups white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
(1 ½) cups all-purpose flour
2 cups chopped walnuts
(1 ¼) cups white sugar
1 cup heavy cream
(5) (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
½ cup butter softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 13×9-inch baking pan. In a microwave-safe bowl, add and place 8 oz of baking chocolate with a cup of butter, and microwave for 2 minutes over high heat until the chocolate is soft, and the butter has melted.
2. In a large bowl, add and place eggs, 3 cups of sugar, and a tbsp of vanilla extract, and beat for 2 minutes with an electric mixer on high speed. Reduce the mixer speed to low, and beat in the melted butter-chocolate mixture. Beat in the flour until just combined but do not overmix, and stir in the chopped walnuts. Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
3. In a preheated oven, bake it until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with fudgy crumbs for 35 minutes. Cool in the pan before frosting.
4. To make the frosting: Add and combine 1 1/4 c of sugar with heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Then, stir for 3 minutes until the sugar dissolves, and the mixture begins to simmer. Turn heat to low, and let it simmer without stirring for 7 minutes.
5. Take the cream mixture away from the heat, and stir in 5 oz of baking chocolate and 1/2 c of butter, stirring to melt and blend the chocolate. Add a tsp of vanilla extract; whisk until smooth. Place the frosting in the refrigerator and stir every few minutes until the frosting is chilled and thick about 30 minutes. Frost cooled brownies and cut them into squares.
Preheat to about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) if using a glass bowl. You can replace the walnuts with macadamia nuts if you prefer.
Per Serving: 343.6 calories; 62.1 mg cholesterol; 78.1 mg sodium; 4.4 g protein; 35.8 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.