Things got very scientific in our kitchen in our search to find the perfect roasted potato. All the methods we could think of like high heat, low heat, parboiling, less oil, more oil, and just about everything in between were checked.
My whole family loves potatoes more than anything, and we loved the selections of various potatoes dishes and side dishes. I think we already ate most of the recipes around. Anyway, we ate fried potatoes every single day as a snack, although it’s delicious, we want something new, something that will make our palates cry. And that’s when our quest for the best version of roasted potatoes began.
2 pounds new yellow potatoes, halved
(3) sprigs fresh rosemary
(3) cloves garlic, whole, peeled, bruised
(2) bay leaves
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
(1) pinch cayenne pepper
(1) pinch kosher salt
1. Add and put potatoes in a large pot with water. Bruise the rosemary with the dull side of a knife blade and place in the pot. Add garlic, bay leaves, and salt. Let it boil, simmer for 5 minutes. Drain, let potatoes air dry.
2. Preheat oven 190 degrees C (375 degrees F).
3. When potatoes are thoroughly dry, transfer them back to the pot. Drizzle with olive oil, cayenne pepper, and a pinch of salt. Stir to coat. Then transfer the potatoes to a rimmed sheet pan. Bake it for 35 to 45 minutes until potatoes are golden brown and crusty, and the flesh is creamy and soft, depending on the size of the potatoes.
1. You certainly don’t need to peel potatoes before you roast. I love adding the skin flavor from russet or Idaho potatoes, and I like the look and feel of red skin potatoes.
2. If using little potatoes, you can take them halfway if they are tiny, you can give them a little poke with a knife or a fork until they are cooked so that the steam can escape.
Per Serving: 162 calories; 3.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 2402 mg sodium; 4.7 g fat; 27.8 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.