Prep: 10mins | Cook: 25mins | Total: 35mins
Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars – A buttery graham cracker crust is overlaid with chocolate chip layers, butterscotch chips, coconut, sliced nuts, and then topped off with a blanket of condensed sweetened milk. It won’t last for long at home.
These Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars are unbelievably simple – hence the word “magic.” They are great for cookies or a baked treat, but you don’t want a lot of ingredients to be weighed. You can completely break the ingredients and still be perfect. I will be frank, most of the time I don’t even measure the ingredients because I know as long as I taste test it, it will still taste perfect. The ingredients in the saucepan just need to be poured, and it always turns out fine.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
(1) (14 oz) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch-flavored chips
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for glass baking pan). In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly on the bottom of the 13×9-inch baking pan.
2. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer it evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork.
3. Bake until lightly browned for 25 minutes. Cool, chill if desired. Cut into bars or diamonds. Cover and store at room temperature.
1. Create “monster” bars by using broken pretzels, or M&Ms. You can quickly use any nuts you want, such as pecans, walnuts, mixed nuts, or almonds. Or if you’re not a nut person, then they can be left out entirely.
2. These could easily be gluten-free. Use Schar brand Graham crackers, one package, will supply you with the exact amount of graham crackers that you need to make this recipe.
Per Serving: 257 calories; 2.3 g protein; 16 mg cholesterol; 103 mg sodium; 14.6 g fat; 21.1 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.