Prep Time: 10 mins | Chill Time: 2 hrs | Total Time: 2 hrs 10 mins | Servings: 4
This is perfect for the warmer season – easy to make creamy Shrimp Salad with a few simple ingredients. A no-fuss, pretty simple salad that you can either serve on a bed of lettuce as a wrap for a low-carb meal or with wheat toast if serving as a sandwich, even as a tasty cold dip for butter crackers.
1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined, and cooked
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/3 c. celery chopped (optional)
1 small bunch of green onions thinly sliced
2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
How to make Shrimp Salad
Step 1: Break up the shrimp a bit or cut them in half and place them into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
Step 2: To the bowl with the shrimp, add the celery if using and toss to combine.
Step 3: Add the rest of the ingredients to a different mixing bowl and whisk until you have a smooth dressing.
Step 4: Over the shrimp, pour the dressing, and toss until evenly mixed and coated.
Step 5: Tightly cover the bowl with cling wrap, place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour to 5 hours before serving.
Step 6: On a bed of lettuce as a wrap, serve the chilled shrimp salad or on toasted bread as a sandwich. I like it often as a delicious cold dip for butter crackers, simply chopped it up a little.
1. After prepping the recipe as instructed, adjust the mayo to your preference.
2. Feel free to add a bit more seasoning like 1/4 tsp celery salt if you think the dressing needs it.
3. If serving as a dip, chop the shrimp before starting and proceed as instructed.
4. I highly recommend using wheat toast if serving this as a sandwich or any hearty bread that won’t fall apart is perfect. And for a low-carb alternative, serve this on a bed of Romaine lettuce.
5. For the leftovers, store them sealed in a fridge for up to 2 days.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 298mg | Sodium: 1070mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 2.8mg
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.