Prep: 5 min | Cook: 20 mins | Total: 25 mins | Serving: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
I love the simplicity of seafood and pasta. There’s a lot to say about this recipe, the classic white sauce makes it more elegant, and the flavors just burst in your mouth. I don’t know if it makes me feel like I’m eating a little better with seafood rather than heavy meat or what, but it’s still my number one preference when eating Italian.
½ pound GG Fettucine Pasta Semol-Dry-3/8″ Circle QK
6 tbsp oil, olive, salad or cooking
(1) (10 oz) package Spinach, frozen, chopped or leaf, unprepared
¾ pound sea scallops, raw
(4) cloves Garlic, raw
(2) (4.5 oz) cans Mushrooms, canned, drained solids
(1) (10.75 oz) can Soup, cream of mushroom, canned, condensed, commercial
1 cup Alcoholic beverage, wine, table, white
Spices, pepper, black
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve. Heat (1) to 2 tbsp of oil and for the taste add spinach, salt, and pepper in a large skillet. Cook and saute spinach for 5 to 7 minutes or until wilted and no longer watery. Remove the spinach from skillet and toss with pasta; transfer and keep warm.
2. In the same skillet, heat (2) more tbsp of oil and add scallops and (2) cloves of sliced garlic. Cook the scallops until they appear opaque for 1 to 2 minutes. Add scallops and garlic to fettuccine and spinach mix; transfer and keep warm.
3. Heat a 2 tbsp of oil in the same skillet. Add (2) more cloves of sliced garlic and saute until golden. Add the mushrooms, soup, and white wine to skillet. Stir until warm for 8 minutes over medium heat. Pour over fettuccine and spinach and add ground black pepper to taste; serve.
When you use sea scallops rather than bay scallops, cut them in quarters before adding them to the pasta.
Per Serving: 614.1 calories; 28.1 mg cholesterol; 956.1 mg sodium; 27.1 g protein; 57.3 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.