Every culture that is fortuitously affected by Italian cuisine is fortunate enough to have its version of warm one-pot pasta wonders! The names in this field, ranging from baked ziti to the simple “pasta bake” is always straightforward, humble, and scrumptious. A delicious, innovative example of classic Italian food, when the regional influences are met is the recipe bellow for slow-cooked Cajun chicken alfredo. These recipes are a combination of two of my most popular recipes: One-Pot Cajun Alfredo and Crockpot Chicken Alfredo. This slow cooker is so delicious and will certainly hit your family. The chicken and alfredo sauce is tasted by smoked sausage and cajun seasoning and gives the dish so many layers of flavor.
Chicken Alfredo’s almost always the first recipe to which we are turning to when we seek comforting carby goodness. Feel free to adjust the seasoning of the cajun/creole to your individual preferences. Best of all, the pasta is even cooked in the slow cooker.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 4 hours and 30 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound chicken breasts
1 lb (sliced into 1-inch pieces) smoked sausage
3 cups of heavy cream
4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons coarse cajun seasoning
2 cloves garlic smashed
1 pound of uncooked penne pasta
1/2 cup hot water
5 oz freshly shredded parmesan cheese
kosher salt and black pepper
1. Pat the breasts of chicken until dry and season with the Kosher salt, pepper, and garlic. Heat oil overheats and sear chicken breast on both sides.
2. Add chicken breast, sausage, heavy cream, chicken broth, butter, garlic cloves, and a 1⁄2 tsp of kosher salt, cajun seasoning, add some ground black pepper to the slow cooker.
3. Cook for 4 hours or 2-3 hours at low temperature, until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
4. Remove chicken from the slow cooker, set aside to cool. Slice when completely cool.
5. In 1/2 cup of hot water, cover and cook uncooked penne pasta for 30 min. in high heat
6. Stir in Parmesan cheese, sliced chicken, and extra salt and black pepper after the pasta is tender.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.