This Chicken and Gravy is so versatile that you can use variations and still get the same flavorful and saucy result. So, feel free to swap the chicken breasts with whatever boneless, skinless meat available; pork chops, turkey breasts, or chicken thighs. You can even use cream of mushroom instead of chicken soup and add some diced mushrooms, too. Substitute chicken broth with beef broth, add veggies (carrots or peas) and make your gravy mix. You are welcome to use canned condensed cream of chicken soup or a homemade Cream of Chicken Soup (you’ll find the recipe below). This dish never gets old, it’s a Southern classic that sure gives the whole family a hearty and warm feeling.
1 1/2 c. water
2 packets of chicken gravy mix
1 1/4 c. Condensed Chicken Soup
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
3 whole chicken breasts, boneless skinless (about a pound)
1/2 c. sour cream
How to make Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
1. Season the chicken breasts with the garlic powder, black pepper, and salt.
2. In a slow cooker, pour water. Add the gravy packets, condensed chicken soup, garlic powder, salt, paprika, and pepper. Whisk until smooth.
3. Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker. Flip on both sides to coat the breasts well.
4. Cover and cook for 4-5 hours on low heat.
5. Once cooked, remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker, and shred or cut (as desired).
6. Put the sour cream into the slow cooker and whisk until smooth. Pour over the chicken before serving.
For the Homemade gravy Mix
1. In a food processor, blend 3 tablespoons of chicken bouillon granules, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning. Sift into 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour. Combine and store in an airtight container. Place in a cool dry place. This homemade gravy mix can be stored up to 6 months!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.