This is the easiest Parmesan chicken I’ve ever produced. Slow Cooker Parmesan Chicken and Pasta is everything you love in a single dish. Chicken, tomato sauce, and Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese alternating pasta.
48 oz Ragu Pasta Sauce
1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
½ tsp. oregano
1 lb. penne pasta cooked according to package directions
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
1. Add the chicken to a slow cooker of 6 quarters or greater. Sprinkle over the oregano, pepper, and salt. Garnish with pasta sauce.
2. Cover, without opening the lid throughout the cooking time, and cook 4 hours on high heat or 6-8 hours on low heat.
3. When you cook, prepare pasta according to the package instructions on the stove surface.
4. During the pasta, remove the chicken on the plate and cut into pieces in bite-size, chicken is very easy to shave but I still want to cut it a little so that there are not long strings of chicken. Return the sauce with the chicken.
5. Drain the pasta exceptionally well. In the slow-cooker, add the pasta to the chicken and sauce, then stir. Flatten the pasta into a sheet of evenness. Sprinkle over the parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover for 15 minutes more, or until the cheese melts.
6. Serve, and have fun!
1. In this recipe, a different type of pasta may be replaced. Make sure that this is another sturdy noodle like rigatoni, bow-tie, or big shells. I do not recommend egg noodles because they are very easy to fall apart.
2. I frequently think about what my favorite restaurant would serve with the dish when I pick sides. Here are my favorites concerning this dish:
- Broccoli or asparagus (sauteed)
- Salad (preferably caesar’s salad)
- French rolls or breadsticks
3. And don’t forget dessert! Just like tiramisu or gelato for strawberries!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.