The best slow cooker soup recipes are rendered much like this one with a wide range of spices and colors. A chicken broth base is a combination of tender chicken breasts, tomatoes, and some jalapeno oil. Once cooked for a delicious weekend meal, top this easy crockpot soup recipe with crispy tortilla strips (or even tortilla chips). The Crock-Pot Tortilla soup recipe is an all-in-one meal, but a few extra ‘mix-ins’ on the side help everyone make their tasty version. You can serve a traditional chicken tortilla soup with texture tortilla strips (it is a good substitute). Shredded cheddar or Monterey jack will melt over hot tortilla soup, and a sauce of sour cream and some black olives sliced, or a garnish of cilantro sliced will give it a bright Mexican flavor. I bet that most of the ingredients already are in the pantry and refrigerator for night’s dinner.
1 lb shredded, cooked chicken
1 (15 ounces) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
(1) (10 ounces) can enchilada sauce
(1) medium onion, chopped
1 (4 ounces) can chop green chile peppers
(2) cloves garlic, minced
2 cups of water
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
(1) bay leaf
1 (10 ounces) package frozen corn
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
(7) corn tortillas
1. Add and combine the chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onions, green chiles, and garlic in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with broth or water and chicken, season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and leaves on the bay. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook at high temperature for 6 to 8 hours on low setting or 3 to 4 hours.
2. Preheat oven at about 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
3. Brush the tortillas lightly with oil on both sides. Cut tortillas into strips, and spread them over a baking sheet.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 to 15 minutes, until it is crisp. Sprinkle strips of tortilla over soup to serve.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.