Chili is one of my preferred foodstuffs, indeed, and I always make it. It’s a recipe that all people like in the family and it’s good for the soul. My preferred method for chili is this slow cooker. The crockpot chile’s flavor is rich and robust, the beef texture is so tender and always proves perfect. This is just how chili ground beef should be. The best chili ever is created by six hours of slow cooking. And did I mentioned how easy it is to do this? It’s a total break so you probably won’t want to lose this recipe.
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 lbs lean ground beef
1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 (14.5 oz) cans of tomatoes (diced) with green chilies
3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
1/2 cup beef broth
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp ground coriander
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 can of (drained and rinsed) dark red kidney beans
1 can of (drained and rinsed) light red kidney beans
Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
1. In a large and deep non-stick pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion, saute for 3 minutes, then add garlic saute for 30 seconds. Put the onion into a 6 or 7 quarter slow cooker.
3. Return the pot to medium-high, add beef, and cook and stir until the beef turned brown.
4. Leave about 2 tbsp of fat from the beef, then drain the rest (optional). (I think it adds flavor, but if you like you can drain everything). Fill the slow cooker with browned beef.
5. Dice tomatoes, beef broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cocoa powder, sugar, coriander. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cook for 5-6 hours in low heat with its lid covered.
7. Stir dark and light red kidney beans and allow them to heat for around 2 minutes. Serve warmly with the toppings you want.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.