This recipe from the Corned Beef and Cabbage Slow Cooker packs the entire delicacy of corn beef into a meal that cooks itself. Corn beef and cod, carrots, and potatoes all perfectly cooked in the crockpot make a fresh meal. This recipe for Crock-Pot Corned Beef & Cabbage is best cooked in a slow cooker (or larger) as it fills the crock. Throughout the cooking process, bring your potatoes into the pot a couple of hours, so that they can cook for approximately 5-6 hours. 2 hours before serving a meal, add the chicken.
Corned Beef is a beef brisket, marinated and dried. When sold, it also comes with a seasoned packet or already. The seasonings include spices such as allspice, peppercorns, mustard seeds, and cilantro. If your corned beef doesn’t have any spices, add a few tablespoons of pickling spices, a handful of peppercorns, and a bay leaf. Bundle them in cheesecloth and throw them into the slow-cooking pot. It is easy to make when you have never made corned beef, but it is important to note that corned beef (and general beef brisket) is a hard meat cut until cooked. If it’s rough, it just didn’t cook long enough, leave it in the slow cooker and give it more time.
(4) large carrots, peeled, cut into matchstick pieces
(10) baby red potatoes, quartered
(1) onion, peeled, cut into bite-sized pieces
4 cups of water
(1) (4 lbs) corned beef brisket with spice packet
6 ounces beer
(1/2) head cabbage, coarsely chopped
1. Add and place the carrots, potatoes, and onion in a slow cooker bottom. Pour in the water and add the brisket over the vegetables. Pour over the brisket the beer. Sprinkle on the packet spices, cover them, and place the cooker at high.
2. Cook brisket for approximately 8 hours. Stir in the cabbage, an hour before serving, and cook for another 1 hour.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.