This easy to produce, flavor-packed Cuban Mojo Pork Slow Cooker is great for big groups or weeknight meals! So soft and juicy everyone will enjoy it. Finish it in the oven with a perfect crispy brown crust. This Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork is just one of those meals I always make again and again. Maybe because I enjoy how simple planning is (a big plus on busy weekdays). Perhaps because I’m always blown away by how much flavor you get from those simple, common ingredients.
1 (about 4 pounds) bone-in pork shoulder (pork butt works as well)
11/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
3/4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
Zest of 1 orange
Zest of 1 lime
1/2 cup olive oil
8 cloves garlic, chopped finely
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (lightly packed)
1. Make a couple of slits all over the pork surface using a paring knife. (Refer to note 1)
2. Add the residual ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine to blend.
3. Put the pork in the slow cooker and cook for 5-6 hours on high, or 8-10 hours on low. (Refer to note 2)
4. Pork should be tender and nearly bone down! Remove it carefully from the slow cooker, and place it on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
5. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or until chocolate.
6. Remove from the frying pan and let it rest 10 minutes before serving. With a few forks, you’ll be able to shred the meat, yes, that’s going to be that tender!
7. Serve with the remaining slow-cooking juices (Refer to note 2)
1. You can place 4 hours or overnight on the pork and the rest of the ingredients and marinade.
1. You can serve your pork from the slow cooker with the cooking liquid as is or you can add a slurry of cornstarch to thicken it. You do it this way:
2. Skim away some of the fat from the top
3. Mix 1 lb of cornstarch and 1 lb of cold tap water
4. Fill in the slow cooker with the cornstarch mixture and mix to combine. Cook 30 minutes on high (while the pork is in the oven). Serve on the pork.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.