The ultimate comfort food is Slow Cooker Pot Roast! It’s an outstanding, deliciously delicious meal in which only the most select of eaters are sure to be pleased. This is just typical homemade food made with real and simple ingredients, stick to your ribs. Furthermore, it is best to come home after a long day, cooked and ready to eat.
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 (3 lb) chuck roast
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 medium peeled yellow onion, halved and cut into thick slices
5 (1 1/2 tbsp) garlic cloves, minced
1 1/4 cups cup beef broth
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp minced fresh thyme
1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
2.5 lbs small Yukon gold potatoes
5 medium (about 1 lb) peeled carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch mixed with 3 tbsp beef broth for thickening gravy
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium to high temperatures. Dop dry roast all season with towels, salt, and pepper.
2. Sear roast in a pot until browned on both sides, about 4 – 5 minutes per side. Transfer roast to slow cooker.
3. Add 1/2 tbsp of the remaining olive oil to the bowl. Add onion and jump 2 minutes, add garlic, sprinkle for 30 seconds. Pour in the slow cooker the onion mixture over roast.
4. Return pot to oven, pour in beef broth, Worcestershire, thyme, and rosemary, and cook for about fifteen seconds, just long enough to scrape brown bits from the rim. Take out from the heat
5. In a slow cooker, overlay the potatoes and carrots over the onion layer, pour the beef broth evenly over the top and then season with salt and pepper.
6. Cover slow cooker and cook on low heat until tender, around 8-9 hours, roast and vegetables are.
7. Remove roast and vegetables, shred roast (discard fat), and, where desired, cut potatoes.
8. Pour broth over a fine mesh strainer from the slow cooker into a small saucepan if you wish to thicken the broth and make it gravely. Medium to high temperatures. Then add cornstarch with 3 Tbsp beef broth to a saucepan. Bring to a frying pan and stir steadily, allow to cook for 30-60 seconds.
9. Plate the roast and the vegetables, pour over the top with gravy and sprinkle with parsley.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.