The slow cooker sweet and spicy barbecue wings are so tender that the meat falls off your mouth and shrinks. With this bold barbecue sauce, you get the best of both worlds. You won’t find a simple recipe made in the crockpot! You cook yourself just about. The spicy pepper paste and honey and brown sugar combine to create the perfect sweet and spicy covering. I grill them in the oven after the wings are slowly cooked and gloriously caramelized and sticky. These wings can be prepared and then warmed up for serving in the slow cooker. No frying. Easy stress-free recipes are one step towards the ultimate party, as who needs all the extra work?
1/4 cup good honey
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2–3 tablespoons chili pepper paste, to taste
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 pounds fresh chicken wing drumettes
1. Add honey, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, pepper, salt, and garlic in a 5-quarter slow cooker on low, then stir to mix. Add the wings of the chicken. Stir to a tightly coated the chicken wings. Cook for 1 to 2 hours at a high (or 21⁄2 to 3 hours at low heat) until the wings are cooked.
2. Remove the wings of the slow cooker and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet.
3. Transfer the sauce to a casserole from a slow cooker and heat over medium to high heat. Cook the sauce for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon. Then spread the sauce on the wings.
4. Cook until sauce begins to darken and caramelize, for two to 3 minutes. And don’t leave the oven. Broiling can go from being caramelized to being burned in a blink, trust me. Open the oven and brush on the wings with another layer of sauce. Repeat on the wings until you have 3 layers of sauce. Take out of the oven.
5. If you choose to use frozen wings then you may cook it for 2-3 hours at high heat or 4-6 hours at low heat.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.