Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 24
These amazing almond joy cookies are one of the most requested treats of my kids. They have the perfect mixture of sweet coconut, semi-sweet chocolate, and sliced almonds. Easily whip up a small or big batch of this delectable treat and freeze the rest for later.
1 1/8 c. all-purpose flour (1 c. plus two tbsp)
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c. unsalted butter softened (1 stick)
1/3 c. sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 c. sliced almonds
1 c. sweetened coconut flakes (shredded coconut)
HOW TO MAKE SMALL BATCH ALMOND JOY COOKIES
Step 1: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
Step 3: Cream the butter and sugars using a mixer. Then, add the vanilla and egg, mixing until just blended. Into the creamed mixture, gradually stir in the dry mixture. Now, fold in the chocolate chips, coconut flakes, and sliced almonds.
Step 4: Onto parchment-covered cookie sheets, drop the cookie dough into rounded spoonfuls using a 1 1/2 tbsp cookie scoop. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 9 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven when done and let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a cookie cooling rack.
1. On a preheated oven, place the cookie sheets on the middle rack of the oven.
2. Soften the real unsalted sweet cream butter before using.
3. When mixing the butter and sugar, cream them until just light and fluffy, making sure to not over-mix it.
4. Do not forget to bring the eggs to room temperature.
5. Using good quality premium chocolate, sliced almonds, and coconut makes a big difference.
6. For this recipe, ensure to cover the baking sheets with parchment paper or use silicone baking mats if available.
Serving Size: 1 cookie, Serves: 24
Amount Per Serving: Calories 178, Total Fat 10.6g 14%, Cholesterol 17.9mg 6%, Sodium 64.8mg 3%, Total Carbohydrate 20.2g 7%, Sugars 14.2g, Protein 2.6g 5%, Vitamin A4%, Vitamin C0%
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.