This Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Bake is a delicious, creamy, and enchilada casserole. It arrives in no time and tastes divine. It’s a perfect recipe that the whole family would enjoy on weekends. Made with chicken sliced, sour cream, diced green chilis, milk, and tortillas of corn.
You can use whatever chicken you wish to use. Rotisserie chicken works great, or canned chicken. You can also use whatever shredded chicken you’ve already cooked and on hand. You also can skip adding the chicken if you’d like, and it’s only a cheese enchilada. To make that layer feel fueler, just add extra cheese.
4 cups diced cooked chicken
(1) can of cream chicken soup
8 oz. (1 cup) sour cream
2/3 cup milk
1 (4 oz.) can dice green chiles
2 tbsp dried minced onion
1 tsp. garlic powder
pepper to taste
12 corn tortillas
2-3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Spray cooking spray on a 13×9 dish and preheat the oven at about 350 ° C.
2. Combine sour cream, soup, cheese, chilies, ginger, garlic, and pepper in a large bowl.
3. Line 6 tortillas at the bottom of a 13×9 inch baking dish.
4. Sprinkle with 3 cups of chicken and pour over 1/2 sauce and spread over the top to cover.
5. Sprinkle the cheese with 1⁄2.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and hot.
7. Let stand before serving for 10 – 15 minutes.
1. The secret is in a sauce, creamy and savory sauce that you can truly enjoy. It takes some time, perhaps about 10 minutes, to prepare, but this is worth it! Take the time to make it, follow my instructions, and thank me later for your taste buds. But this white sour sauce is dangerous and perfect for these enchiladas.
2. You can use a disposable pan to freeze the remaining enchiladas, which will help you reheat this quickly during busy nights.
3. You can cook the sauce and chicken ahead and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.