You may know that as a “trifle,” but we call them “punch bowl cakes” on my neck in the forest. And most people I know are standing by with a pretty glass bowl just to show one of these delicious creations. It can be very friendly to the diet when compared to your typical dessert, easily made into a low-fat and lite dessert. I enjoy doing it in the summer, but it can be made easily in the winter if you get strawberries in your foodstuff to help stave off your cold blues.
Originally, this dessert was served in a punch bowl with spirits poured on one layer called the Strawberry Pineapple Punch Bowl Cake, also known as a tipsy cake. This is just as festive as the original, it is served in an ordinary bowl without liquor. This is a great strawberry dessert for a dinner party that will impress everybody but is simple enough to enjoy your heart’s wishes at any time. Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake is also ideal for all sorts of cottage showers, wedding showers, BBQs, or birthday parties. This recipe is very delicious and easy to make with the sweet flavors of crushed pineapple, frozen strawberries, a yellow cake mix, and cool whip.
1 box yellow cake mix
1 (6-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
1 large can crushed pineapple, drained
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen strawberries
1 (16-ounce) carton Cool Whip
1. Preheat oven at about 350 ° F.
2. The cake batter should be prepared by following the package instructions.
3. Split the batter into two round cake pans.
4. Bake and set aside to cool
5. Mix the pudding as directed in the package.
6. Cut the cake in one layer into little pieces; put it in a punch bowl.
7. Spread the pudding half over the top and then add 1 package of strawberries, then add half the pineapple.
8. Slice one banana upwards; add 1/2 Cool Whip it covering the cake entirely.
9. Continue the process ending with Cool Whip
10. Refrigerate the cake overnight, so that it can thaw and infuse the cake with their juices. Serve chilled.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.