Let me tell you about a special pasta I’ve recently introduced into my life and somehow managed to become one of our favorite whip-up dinners all the time. It’s a combination of delicious shell pasta, tender chicken breast, sweet caramelized onions, and nutritious spinach that somehow perfectly melts into a rich, but light Parmesan cheese sauce.
It is quick to make this chicken casserole and a great meal. Try this Spinach and Chicken casserole with dry cooked pasta or rice and buttermilk. Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve only recently been on a good spinach kick. There’s something about that veggie, and we can’t get enough for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, spinach hits the spot. Tell your loved ones about this recipe and let them feel the magic of this dish.
2 cups cubed boneless chicken breast
1 cup Italian salad dressing, as needed
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp lemon pepper
(1) (8 oz) package fresh spinach
(2) (8 oz) packages of softened cream cheese
½ cup chopped fresh chives
¼ cup olive oil
(1) clove garlic, minced
(1) pinch salt and ground black pepper
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Add and place the chicken in a bowl and pour in enough Italian salad dressing for coating. In the refrigerator, marinate for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Preheat oven at about 190 degrees C (375 degrees F).
3. Drain and discard chicken and season chicken marinade with lemon pepper and garlic powder. Move seasoned chicken into a casserole platter. Layer the spinach over the chicken.
4. In a bowl, stir together cream cheese, chives, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Spill chicken broth gradually into a cream cheese mixture, stirring until smooth; spillover chicken and spinach. Fill the aluminum foil casserole plate.
5. In a preheated oven, bake it for 20 minutes. Remove foil and top chicken blend with mozzarella cheese, cook, melt, 15 to 20 minutes until chicken no longer pinkish in the middle.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.